Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day #4

Almost all the painting is done in the house. The painter ran out of paint so we gave him something very similar that we had at home. It was a little darker so he mixed with white paint but it's still darker. Oh well, one room a little darker than the others shouldn't be a big issue?! I have NOT ordered the carpet but have been comparing prices all week. I would love to use a local carpet store but they are so much more expensive than the big stores (i.e. Home Depot). I've compared 3 places and Home Depot seems to be the best route as far as price and convenience. I am going on Sunday to order.

The plumber has got everything in working order so that's done.

There is one window that is missing the glass pane we'll need to replace. Didn't notice it before but should not be too expensive to replace.

I want to get a used refrigerator and stove.

We have a guy coming out to power wash the exterior next week.

I also didn't notice that the washer and dryer sit in the kitchen. This is very concerning to me as I would never buy a house (personal residence) where the washer and dryer are in the kitchen. Now, my only saving grace is that I will be selling the property $25k - $30k under value. Hopefully this helps people "overlook" this OR decide they can move to the basement?!

I think that's it for the pre-hab....

On to our 2nd HUD... We did get the "official paperwork" back today. I sent an email to the interested buyer and he's going through with his realtor. I am SOOO crossing my fingers that he writes! At the price I'm selling to him we would only make about $4k but that's enough to cover our expenses during my maternity leave which is what I'm most concerned about now.

I am also getting my realtors license this year. I was planning on doing it at a live seminar during my maternity leave but am thinking that may be WAAY too hard (I always think I can do more after the babies!!). I think I'm going to do the DVD's not the live session. It is recorded classroom sessions. My last day at work is the end of July and I'm due August 15th. This way I have 2 wks to do the DVD's and, hopefully, take the test prior to baby being born. Jeez, just typing that it seems like a difficult task. That's my plan, we'll see if it comes to fruition!

I'm going to the lake for the weekend am looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll relax a little bit!! Hope everyone else has a great holiday weekend!!

No comments: