Friday, July 11, 2008

Change of plans...

Well, Home Depot completely pissed me off so we are no longer going with them. All over $159! Long story short they neglected to tell me about the extra charge ($159), just put it on the bill and asked me to sign. When I questioned the one girl said she would talk to mgmt. I never got a call back from her so I called again. This lady told me I needed to call back at 0730 the next morning. When I told her the other lady was going to talk to mgmt she said, "You need to call back tomorrow morning at 0730!". I hung up on her... I was soo pissed. THEN my realtor said her husband works for a flooring co. and maybe he could match their price (why she didn't offer his services before?!). Anyway, he was on the same page price-wise as Home Depot so he went out to measure. The whole bottom level (except the kitchen) has hard wood floors so he suggested we refinish the whole downstairs hardwoods and just carpet the stairs/upstairs. My husband and I discussed this but it seemed like it would cost too much. At any rate, by refinishing the hardwoods downstairs we'll add another $500 to our budget. I think I am going to be roughly $1k over budget. I wanted to be somewhere around $5k but it's probably going to be closer to $6k. My realtor has someone that's been waiting to go through after everything is in and wants to see it on Tuesday. My husband and I have been running our rears off trying to get everything done by then BUT if we re-do the hardwoods I do not think that is going to happen. She can wait another day or 2, right?! Wouldn't it be "perfect" if she bought the place!?!? Wishful thinking, I know. I want to do an open house in 2 weeks if she doesn't write.

Not sure if the landlord is going to buy my other HUD property. I haven't heard from him in 2 days and he's the type of guy who would email the same day, if possible. Soooo, I'm thinking of just fixing the one room and either trying to sell or do a lease/option. These damn HUD properties are very, very hard to show prior to closing!! That's the one bad thing about them!!

I put in another offer this week on a property in the same town as we're doing the pre-hab. I hope they at least counter, it's in a nice area!

Well I'm heading out and will be running around this weekend for the house, I'm sure!

No comments: