Monday, July 14, 2008

Not happy...

Day #15

Why in the world did I think we should "prehab" this property?!? I soooo do not know what I am doing! Yes, I am definately learning the right and WRONG way to do things but there seem to be too many wrong ways! ha, ha. And, the budget has gone up another $1k - of course. Now we are looking at $7k. There were some roofing issues that I didn't know existed until late last week... urgh! Next one will go smoother, right!?!??!?!

Okay, so we went to the house on Saturday and I was not happy with the paint job at all. He did a really crappy job on the lower level. He started with the 2nd floor and that looks okay but he must have been in a rush to get the first floor done and it doesn't look good. I told my husband it looks like an REO I would look at and say, "new paint job". We had a friend do it... I know... I don't even want to go there! 'Nother lesson learned. Anyway, we are refinishing the hardwoods on the first floor and doing carpet on the stairs/2nd level. I'm hoping beyond all hope that once this is done it will change the "look" of the house. Also, we're getting the outside power washed so, again, I'm hoping it will look "prettier" on the outside. I'm becoming a nervouse wreck!!

I actually got a fax from First Horizon re: the ss I've been working on since December '07. Yep, 7 months later and they still declined the offer. Seriously they have their heads up their butts! Remember I am only working this for the LM fee and the realtor has a buyer (the guy I was hoping would buy my 2nd HUD). Depending on whether the buyer will up his price by $20k, he just may buy my HUD after all. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I'll be making about the same on either deal. Just so long as one goes through, I suppose.

The 2nd offer I put in last week was countered at list price, list price! Why not just decline my offer? I'm still going to look at it on Saturday b/c I'm going to be in the area. What the hell.

So that's it about now. I need to find another wholesale property to quick flip like I did a couple months ago, we're running low on funds - AGAIN. I can't wait until that is not longer an issue. Does it ever go away!?!?!?

1 comment:

Steph said...

Keep plugging away, Eileen. You are on the right path.

Just keep plugging away...