Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Updates...

Day #17

The hardwoods are done, the minor roofing issues are complete, new stairs coming into the front door are done, carpet is going in as we speak (I hope), power washing is happening tomorrow, trim is going in around the front door Saturday morning, the "painter" is coming back tomorrow to fix his fuck ups (excuse the language) and then it will be going on the market Saturday at $99k (ARV is $125k). The house still needs some updating but it is definately "move in ready" now and they can make updates as time goes on. At least that's how I see it... we'll see how buyers react. We're offering bonuses to both agents and a 3% credit to a buyer also. Anything to get the house under contract ASAP!!

The buyer for the 2nd HUD property is not writing. He is upping his offer for the short sale property with First Horizon. I just do not know what this guy is thinking?! Even if I didn't have the other property I wanted him to buy, I would still think he was an idiot for upping his offer. Again, the ARV for the ss is about $150k and repairs are between $35k - $50k depending on foundation issues. His current offer (that the bank declined) is $110k - already too high in my book. Now he is upping the offer?! I think he's nutso. Too many other good deals out there. He will be using the house for a rental but still, how will it cash flow? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I printed out the fax for the new short sale I will be working. You know, the one I really don't want to do. BUT, I figure I have some time on my hands so I'll just submit and see what happens.

No comments: