Monday, June 30, 2008

Day #1 of PreHab

Okay, so we have officially started the work on the 1st HUD property. Carpet should have come out today and floors bleached. Not sure if the painting has begun but for sure tomorrow. I have to get to Home Depot or Lowes to pick out carpet THIS week and set a date for installation. I want the house listed by mid-July. The electric and water were turned on and a plumber came out today to make sure we were not leaking in a million areas. Buying "as is" can be a little scary.... Oh Yeah, I'm also getting 3 estimates for power washing the outside of the house. Dave said our power washer was too small and would take him forever and a day to get it done. And, since he is working 6 days/week, 10 - 15 hrs./day I didn't want to eat up another one of his days. Sooo, I had a nightmare last night that when we got the property today the roof was leaking everywhere and there was flooding in the house! Thank goodness it was just a dream!! : )

Remember the guy I went to meet a couple weeks ago to start a short sale deal? He never called me back or sent me the paperwork. Figures. This is why I hate them so much! I didn't call him either b/c I am not going out of my way to get them to sign on just to back out later on down the road!

The ss I'm working on with First Horizon ordered a 2nd BPO.... It came back HIGHER than the first. I am soo done with this one too. The bank ordered it without called me OR the listing agent so I'm assuming it was just a drive by. Now, if a bank is ordering a 2nd BPO based on contractors estimate, Home inspection, CMA's, etc. wouldn't you think the bank would insist on an interior BPO? I just don't get their thinking? Anyway, I gave the listing agent the phone number to the Loss Mitigator and she hasn't heard anything either (I don't think... I'm going to email her now!).

I put in an offer last week that was declined. They accepted another offer. I'm watching another HUD property to see when it comes down again in price. This next price reduction should be a "significant price reduction" so I'm going to put in my offer. I drove by it b/c I was in the area over the weekend and it looks nice, actually. The only obvious problems are that it is on a busy street and is facing a bus company.

No comments: