Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You just never know...

So as you all know, I often put in very, very low bids on HUD properties just to see where they counter. Yesterday I submitted 3 offers and 1 was actually accepted. Crap. Yes, I said crap.

First, if they accepted my first offer it was too high!

Second, I am not really familiar with this area however I know the price is right. It is the only 3br/2ba for sale in this particular town.

Third, and most important, we are broke (as I commented in a previous post). Even though we are broke I am continuing down the RE path. I'm determined to be successful one way or another. If we are not successful we are going to go down in a HUGE bon fire! ha, ha. No it's not really funny b/c I do not want to fail. I have 2 years to create a replaceable income. Every day when I drop my kids at daycare it lights a fire under my ass to keep going. My husband thinks I am out of my mind b/c he knows our financial state but I just need to find buyers before we close (at least that's what I keep telling myself). Anyhoo, the problem we are having is that we don't have EMD money anymore and the holding of the 2/1 in Lake Geneva and the condos is killing us. I have been trying to re-fi the condos to get rid of the high interest LOC but the bank keeps pushing it off. Each time I talked to the mortgage guy he made it sound like it was a done deal, just needed a couple days for title and that was it. I emailed him today and he wants all kinds of shit now. Urrrgh. If we had it refinanced we wouldn't be in this financial predicament. This is another small local bank that I've been trying to build a relationship with but he's making it difficult. The current bank we work with wanted 6 months ownership b/4 they would re-fi me but I didn't want to wait that long. However, since this guy is taking so long I could just wait a couple more weeks to get it re-fi'd by my current lender without jumping through hoops.

There are 2 other properties I am going after. The first I am going to look at tonight. It has a great price listed and could be a real deal but we'll see when we get there. The second is another HUD property (shocker!). The offer I put in was rejected so I'm just waiting for 1 more price decrease and then it should be ours.

So what to do about the EMD's? Hmmmm, I have access to a small amount of cash through a credit card I could use? It just gives me a headache to think about it...

BTW, I try to post comments on other peoples blogs but for some reason I cannot type in the box. For some I can post comments, for others it seems like the comments box is not getting recognized. Has anyone else had that problem?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For finding buyers, I don't think you could ever go wrong with Bandit Signs. I'm sure you know.

As far as commenting. What kind of web browser are you using? And does the problem occur on a common blogging platform (i.e. wordpress)?

Eileen-WI said...

I've tried bandit signs before and have been called by the "town police" telling me to take them down or get fined. I know they work because I had calls from them but do not use them as much as I should...

I use internet explorer 7. It seems like for some google blogspot blogs I can post a comment and others I cannot. There does not seem to be any consistancy that I can see? Weird?