Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I - Must - Stop.......

submitting offers until I clear out some of my inventory! The offer that we have on the "house from hell" (2/1 in Lake Geneva) may be falling apart - again. It has not completely crumbled yet but the signs are there. They were concerned about the foundation so I got a guy out there this weekend who said it was totally fine. There were a few other things (which I consider minor) from their inspection that they want money to fix. I'm not going to bore you with what they want because, honestly, I don't even know for sure. However, their realtor said if we would lower the price she may be able to get it done. I told my realtor to GET THE PLACE SOLD! Sooo, I'm not sure if it is going to get to closing or not? If we do come down in price I will be losing about $5k instead of the $3k I had anticipated. Does this make me happy? Of course not but I need to clear these properties out.

We have someone interested in the condos - no contract - but interest. I'll leave it at that for now.

The buyer for the HUD property we just closed on has his inspection tomorrow night. Hope all goes well! The electric came on fine and the plumber was out this morning and only saw a couple of small things. I'm only worried about some sagging in the floor (which my guy looked at 2x) and the boiler.

That's it for now.

3 comments:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen! Good to hear from you. I'm trying to keep track of your inventory...do you have anything other than the 2 you mention in this post?

I hope everything goes through smoothly with both of these! I totally know what you mean when you say you told the realtor GET IT SOLD! Been there...done that.

Hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend!

Eileen-WI said...

Hey Shae! Yes, we had a wooonderful Labor Day weekend - Thank You! We have the 2/1 in Lake Geneva, the condos (which are rented but barely covering the monthly costs) and the single family we are holding long term. However, we just closed on our latest HUD property this past Friday and we're supposed to close with our buyer on 9/25. I just want to be SURE this happens and he doesn't back out. We should know by tomorrow. We also just got another HUD property under contract for $43k a 3/2 in pretty nice condition. So it's not necessarily that we have a TON in inventory but enough to cause problems for future purposes.

Does any of this make sense? ha, ha.

Shae said...

LOL! Girl, that sounds like plenty of inventory to me :-) You're shakin' and bakin' over there! You're getting a lot of offers accepted. I definitely need to make some adjustments on my offers here and make more of them. In the meantime though, I'm getting calls on my partners' deals and building a buyers list at the same time! Wishing all goes well with your closing!