Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's been happenin'

We had our sons 1st birthday party this past weekend. It was very nice. I can't believe he's ONE and will most likely be walking (on his own) any day now.

So most of you know I took and passed my real estate license exam and have just been procrastinating on sending in the paperwork for my licensing. Part of me just doesn't want to go down that road but another part of me thinks it's a necessity. I absolutely need access to the mls - I need to get comps, market analysis', run queries, etc all in a timely manner. My RE agent has been great but I just need need things faster! Soooo, I'm going to tell her today or tomorrow that I'm getting my license. I feel like this is going to be a really awkward conversation and am not sure how to approach it?! I want to continue to use her for listing properties (at least for now) but as far as submitting offers and getting all the info I need I will be able to do that myself. As a reminder, I did ask her for mls access and she said no. I also need to get my hands on a HUD key and she will not give me a copy of that either. Maybe she will change her tune when I tell her I'm getting licensed?! The other thing I need to decide on is whether I should talk to her broker about hanging my license in his office. Would that be too weird?

Okay, I've been talking to a local bank about refinancing the condos to get me out of the high interest unsecured LOC and he can do it but only for 90% of the loan. In other words I will still have about $13k on my unsescured LOC. I guess that's better than what I have now... It's eating away at every penny of profit I have on the place.

We have secured the downpayment for our HUD property. I did break down and ask my parents. I haaated doing that but sometimes you just have to put your pride on the backburner to get things done. Hopefully everything will work out with this!

We got another offer on the 2/1 in Lake Geneva. It is scheduled to close on 10/2 so I can't tell you how much I need everyone to put me in their thoughts and prayers to make sure this closes. We'll be seriously screwed if it doesn't work out.

Looking at a bunch of other properties but haven't submitted any offers. I would really need a slam dunk right now since we have so many balls in the air. I'm hoping to hit things really hard again mid to end of September. I just need confirmation that things will truely be closing.

I think that's it for now.

No comments: