Thursday, September 10, 2009

Positive thinking

I've been trying to change my way of thinking these days since my negative approach just isn't working : ) Every time I start a negative thought or start worrying about something that is not in my control I say, "God grant me the serenity". Yep, that's all I would say b/c I couldn't remember the rest but now I just looked it up online:

"God, grant me the serenityto accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

It seems to calm me down. It's my goal to not get so worked up and stressed about things. I know it will happen from time to time but I want to limit those times. I actually did pretty good about the Lake Geneva property ("house from hell") that fell through. I just can't change it and can only move on and try to find another buyer. Hopefully it will be soon.

More good news. My buyers property inspection last night went okay, nothing for him to back out about. They could not get the boiler on so that is the only sticking point now but I think it will be okay. Also, we are getting an offer on the condos tomorrow. Hopefully that will work out too b/c these buyers have another set of units in the complex so financing should not be an issue.

That is it for now. Gotta run.

7 comments:

Shae said...

Awesome - that is a perfect thing to say. In fact, anything that gives you peace is the perfect thing to say :-) By the way, on a related note, you may want to consider not calling that other house the "house from hell"....give it a better name - like the Comeback House or something. LOL! I'm laughing but I'm actually serious. Later!

Steph said...

Sorry to hear about the deal falling through, Eileen.

Training your mind to not dwell on the negative is something that I have been working on for the last few years. It takes a lot of effort, especially when things are going awry, but it really does make a huge positive impact on your life if you keep working at it..

Keep your chin up.

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks guys.

Shae, I'll change the name of the house so the "positive energy will get it sold" : ) I like the Comeback House!

Steph, First I LOVE your new blog. You really put a lot of time and energy into your new endeavor and I give you props for taking on the new challenge(s). I almost emailed you for you to mentor me but didn't. Maybe in the near future?! Anyhoo, yes changing a mindset is VERY hard to do but I'm trying and hoping it will positively affect my work and personal life! Gotta just keep pluggin' away!

Thanks again girls and have a good weekend!

Eileen

Shae said...

Yes, isn't her blog awesome? Steph is rollin' with the big dogs ;-)

Eileen, things will certainly turnaround on the Comeback House!

Have a great weekend as well!

P.S. Did u finish reading Total Money Makeover yet?

Kelly said...

I'm happy to read all of this, your post, the comments. I'm so glad you are turning things around. It's not easy. I'm negative by default I think. Comeback house...I like it!

Eileen-WI said...

Shae,

No, I have not finished Dave Ramsey's book yet. If I can be completely honest, I think I am scared of reality. I guess I'm taking a page out of my husbands book... not good. You just gave me the kick I needed to get back in line on finances. It seems things just "get in the way" sometimes.

Shae said...

Eileen, I know what you mean about things getting in the way. I think if you finish the book, you'll find it to be a good motivator too...just so you can see how all of it comes together.

You can do it! When it comes to debt elimination what matters most is consistency. So no matter how little ($25/month), no matter how much ($2000+/month), gotta put SOMETHING towards the debt. It took my hubby & I about 3 years to get out of debt and it would probably have taken 5 or 6 years if we didn't maintain consistency (I mean I was tracking on an excel spreadsheet like a madwoman).