Tuesday, September 15, 2009

HUD/condo Updates

Our accepted offer for the HUD property is still on schedule to close next Friday but the buyer is being weird about the boiler. Of course this stresses me out a little. The HVAC guys were in there yesterday and need to come back tomorrow b/c there the boiler is not holding pressure... great but not surprising. We wrote up the offer as selling the property "as is" and he knew it was an old boiler however he keeps pushing for us to pay for it. I'm really bad at dealing with this kind of stuff b/c I want the deal closed but I don't want to pay for things we shouldn't be paying for. On a brighter note, we are getting a ton of calls from the sign I put in the front yard (just in case this buyer backed out). I have one secondary offer and probably could have had another if I offered it as an option. The secondary offer I have would be a full price cash offer with a quick close.

We got the offer for the condos last night. It is a bit less than I wanted to sell for so we countered but I think he is going to hang tough on his offer. We have another buyer going through tomorrow but I think he is only interested in buying 1, not both. I would rather sell both at once.

Nothing happening with the comback house.

I have restrained on making offers but am watching a couple houses to see where they are at when I AM able to make offers!

OOOHH, one more thing. The local bank I was trying to build a relationship by refinancing the condos is going to finance my next HUD deal. Yeah, another local bank to do deals. This bank is in the other county I do deals so it's a win-win, I hope. Options... I like options!

1 comment:

Shae said...

Good updates - always nice to have options!