Thursday, August 13, 2009

When does persistence turn in to stupidity?

Real quick, I only have a few minutes...

Did anyone watch the new show "Shark Tank" the other night? One contestant wanted money to put computers or something (it wasn't computers) in doctors offices. The "sharks" did not like the idea and turned him down. They asked him how much of his own money he put into this idea and he said "Everything, I re-financed my house - twice, pulled money from my 401k, used my kids college funds" and then he started to tear up. It was really hard to watch but, for me, I kind of saw myself in him. Don't get me wrong, I haven't done anything he has as far as using my family's money. However, I connected with the "do whatever it takes to succeed" which is when I started thinking when do you know what is persistence is really stupidity? I haven't decided yet : )

I was home with my 1 year old M, T and W since he had a high fever. During that time I was working my ass off to get my HUD property financed. You know, the one we have a contract on? I'm still not sure my bank is going to do it but I'll let you know when I find out.

The other HUD property I was looking at had a higher bid, a MUCH higher bid. I put in a bid of $68k and they offered $110k. heehee. It was a nice house too, well as nice as HUD homes go.

There is another REO that looks promising so we're going to put an offer on that too.

Dave's sister is getting married this weekend and the whole family is standing up in the wedding (except me, I am doing a reading at the church). We are going to be running like a bunch of lunatics this weekend.

I think my home computer has a virus or something. I need to take it in. It is running so slow I barely want to use it anymore. Literally it takes me 10 minutes to log on and open my email... pathetic.

Okay, I gotta run but hopefully we'll have some good news on something next week!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Eileen,

I may be able to help you out with your computer if you'd like. I volunteer to help out at a website called Bleeping Computer where we help to troubleshoot computer issues and remove viruses and other malware. You can check it out at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

My screen name there is Buckeye_Sam. There's a pretty big backlog right now but send me a PM at the forum and I'll be glad to take a look for you.

If I can help you out with this I will and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get your financing for your hud property. It's tough out there. Keep fighting!

Sam

Eileen-WI said...

Wow Sam, that would be great! I will PM you a little later today!