Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Only gettin' worse

Seriously, I don't know that I am cut out for this RE "stuff". I know it is the only way to my personal dreams and ambitions but nothing, and I mean nothing, is going right these days. I hear y'all saying, "if it were easy everyone would be doing it". Got it. I know there are ups and downs but I only seem to be dealing with the downs lately. Last week gave me a glimmer of hope that things were looking up but then, BAM, the pendulum swung the other way, down. I am as close to giving up as ever and I can say I have NEVER thought of giving up before. After almost 2 years of REI you would think that I would have gotten better at things. Nope. It seems I have only gotten worse. I am not sure how that came to be? Okay, here is what's going on:

* The buyer for the Lake Geneva property backed out. Thought this might happen but hoped like hell it wouldn't. This was my shining star when I was getting down on myself last week. Now thats gone!

* There were 2 people that went through my HUD property (that I am supposed to close 8/20) and both claimed there are foundation issues. I had my contractor out to look before signing docs (3+ weeks ago) and he said it was fine. To make a looong story short we are all going out there again Saturday to see what's going on. I may lose my EMD if there really are foundation issues. I can afford to lose my EMD like I can afford a big, gaping hole in my head.

* We are flat broke - again! I thought we were digging ourselves out, well we WERE digging ourselves out with the flips but then it all came to a screeching halt. Day care is just killing us with no extra income. Just killing us.

* The thought of having to work past my 8/2011 "end date" makes me want to cry. Actually I did cry all the way into work this morning. This thought does make me want to perservere but I truly don't know if I have the energy/guts to keep going.

My current uplifting things:

* I can refinance my condos to include my unsecured LOC that's killing us.

* I am putting the condos up for sale w/ the renters. I don't think they will sell for what I want but I'm just putting them out there hoping for that one buyer.

* We are putting the Lake Geneva property back on the market w/ my realtor at $69k. I am going to lose another $3k probably, making it a $6k loss, or so. If no contract in a month I am going to put another for Rent ad in the paper - maybe I can sell it as a rental?

I basically want to wipe the slate clean and start all over........... I gotta go to work - urgh. Thanks for letting me vent.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

That is messed up. It takes a lot to lay it all out like that. I don't have any advice for the investing part, but the life part, I can tell you, you need to maybe fake it till you make it. What I mean is positive attitude and attract some snowballing goodness into your life. You are probably saying "stick it Kelly" I know, you sound pissed. Don't ever give up! EVER! You have kids that you need to show how to never give up! You can TELL them how all day long, but they won't learn unless you show them, if you lead by example. Maybe take a couple steps backwards to catch your breath. Sounds like that is exactly what you are doing with the condos. And remember, you can always recover! They can't eat you! You are a strong intelligent capable woman! Attack it fresh! Make a vision board, listen to motivational stuff in the car. It might be all hokey, sunshine and rainbow pixie dust crap, but then again, maybe it isn't?..at least it will give you the energy to fight off this gloomy cloud you have around you and fix what needs fixing. You can do it!

Eileen-WI said...

Awesome post Kelly! You have no idea how "Don't ever give up! EVER! You have kids that you need to show how to never give up!" struck a cord with me. I just need to get rid of the negative juju that's been hanging over me for the past couple months and move on. As I said, I think wiping the slate clean and starting fresh will help. It's just getting to the clean slate that is taking all my energy/confidence away.

I have trouble sticking to my positive thoughts, especially when everything is going wrong. I will try to keep my spirits up and keep moving forward.

Thanks again!

Shae said...

I agree...Kelly that was an awesome post :-) I'll cheat and say "ditto". But seriously...Eileen, sorry to hear that things are a bit nuts right now. It WILL turn around and in the end, you WIN (as long you don't quit!). You've been doing a great job with wholesaling properties there, and there's absolutely no reason to believe that will continue to do so. The $5-10K you can get on each of these deals should really help dig you out of a hole. Maybe you can try going back to some of your previous buyers and seeing if they are looking to buy right now and then go shopping for homes ONLY for them based on their criteria? Keep your head up Eileen!

Shae said...

I wish I could edit my comment...I meant to say:

You've been doing a great job with wholesaling properties there, and there's absolutely no reason to believe you won't continue doing so.

Eileen-WI said...

Everyone else seems to be more confident than me : ) I know it will turn around but, it's hard to keep the 'ole chin up sometimes. I will keep plugging away and do have news to share that I will be posting.

Shae said...

True Eileen which is why its so important to be surrounded by supportive people who understand what you're working on and towards. When things suck, these people help pick you back up without judging. Take one step at a time and keep up the great work!

Kelly said...

I'm mostly faking it :)

Shae said...

LOL! But like you said...fake it till you make it!