Friday, August 7, 2009

This business will be the death of me : )

It will be the death of me with all these ups and downs and ups and downs and ups....

I took Shae's advice and emailed my buyers list which isn't super long but, who knows? I asked who was still actively buying and, specifically, what their criteria was. I told them that I was streamlining (sp?)/tailoring my business for them. Did I suck up too much? I'll give you the outcome next week as I just sent the email. Also, there is another HUD property in a very sought after area where one of my buyers looks so I sent him a 'teaser' email to see if it was something we would go crazy over or not? I did not give too much away since I do not have it under contract yet. We can not submit an offer until Monday. I'm sure there are a lot of investors waiting for the open bid.

We ended up getting an offer on our HUD property that is supposed to close on 8/20 and he wants to close on 9/12. Wish it was sooner but he will be out of town for 2 weeks after I close and he can't close on the 20th. This is good. I'm still nervous about him backing out but he seems solid so we'll see. It makes me happy we have an offer. Hopefully it will help me secure financing. HA, yeah, I don't even have financing lined up. Flying by the seat of your pants isn't all fun and games!

As for the 2/1 in Lake Geneva, the backup buyer is no longer interested - shocker. However, we have sllliiiim hope of getting someone in to buy it with bad credit. My lender is calling him. If the loan does not work out he want to rent to own. We'll see how it goes. It may not be the best scenario but it will be something.

One more thing, I listened in to Bob Nortons KISS Flipping webcast last night (until my sound stopped for some reason?) and I soooooooooo want to do that. I think having a mentor to go through flipping from A - B would be priceless. Of course, I do not have the money right now to get it. Hell, I don't even have credit to get it (not that I would go that route you Dave Ramsey fans - ha, ha). At any rate, I hope he continues to take students in the future b/c as soon as I DO have money I will be signing up for his course.

I think that's it for now. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen, good news on the offer! Don't be nervous about his backing out. That doesn't help matters any. Expect positive outcomes instead!

I agree re: KISS Flipping...it does sound like an excellent program and strategy. I think having a mentor is HUGELY beneficial. Nice to know someone experienced has your back and can give you advice every step of the way.

Enjoy your weekend!

Eileen-WI said...

Hey Shae,

I'v been trying to 'calm myself' every time a negative thought comes in to my head. It's working pretty good. I think I'm more of a nervous nelly than I ever thought. But you're right it doesn't help and I just have to let things play out and whatever happens, happens. I can only do so much on my side but there is a
2nd person involved so, things can change. I'm trying! : )