Saturday, May 2, 2009

Updates

I've been meaning to post all week but just didn't seem to carve out the time. I do not really have a lot to post but wanted to give updates about my goals.

I never did meet with the lady at the bank - crap. But this was not because I didn't try. Here's a little backstory... every winter my husband gets laid off work and I am able to work my REI freely. However, now that he has gone back to work I am finding that meeting with bank personal/looking at properties/closings/etc. is much, much more difficult to schedule since I now have to get the kids from daycare. I was right on the edge of getting a new contact and now I'll have to wait in order to schedule another meeting. Patience...

I have 2 potential renters for my condos. We do not have anything signed yet so of course it's not "in the bag" but at least there is hope here.

I did not put an ad in the paper for the rent-to-own on my 2 bedroom. I'm giving it a few weeks on the market before I go that route. I did get a bunch of calls on Thursday but nothing with good potential. The reason I am waiting to do the rent-to-own on the 2BR is because there are 5 more condos that are interesting me (in another town/another subdivision). These would be long term holds. I am looking to get them for $65k/condo and each are rented for $950 (one is rented for $995). They are 2 years old and look/smell brand new. I'm not sure how my mortgage lady will take this OR if she'll even finance it so I am going to talk to her Monday. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

Finally, my boss gave me a little nudge yesterday into thinking - AGAIN - about how much I want to leave this job. He is such an ass. Don't worry, if he ever read through this blog this information wouldn't be anything new to him. I'm going to think about this over the next week.

I'm sure there is more but I gotta run!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I think it's a great idea to set a goal for yourself as to when you want to be able to quit by.

Once you figure it out, write it down, and read it as often as you can.

It sounds gay, but it really helps once you write your goals down and start reviewing them on a daily basis.

Steph

Eileen-WI said...

I couldn't agree more Steph! I'm actually going to do a vision board to keep at home and look at every day. Hopefully this will keep me focused on my end goal!

Eileen