Goals from last week:
* Start wish board - Not done. I thought about it all week. Does that count? I'm getting the board when I'm at the grocery store this week.
* Submit 4 offers - Done - none accepted
* Work out 3x - Done - Worked out 4 times
* Place ads on Craigslist - Done - No response
* Secure financing for condo deal - Kinda Done - Never got in touch with the lady at the bank. I left another message with her and, as expected, she never called. Steph suggested I try and get her email which will be on this weeks goals. I do have financing through my bank but wanted to avoid the 25% down. If I have to go this route I am going to get a HELOC for the 25% after closing so it will be like 100% financing. Hopefully that will work.
This weeks goals:
Work out 3x
Get email for lady at bank
Work on vision board
Submit 2 offers - Done
Begin Dave Ramseys book (it was given to me by a special angel!)
Sign up for RE licensing test
Look into placing ad in Chicago Tribune for 2/1 in LG
REI will be a little slow this week b/c my realtor is going to Atlantic City. This sucks that I rely on her to even get me information. I just added signing up for the RE licensing test to my goals. I think I have to take it before August.
Our offer on the 5 condos was rejected by the bank... expected. We were told they would accept something in the $60's so I re-submitted at $60k/condo. We were also told that the bank is getting someone from Green Bay to do the BPO. The BPO is going to come in waaaaay higher than $60k so I'm not sure how this is all going to play out.
We still have no bites on the condos OR the 2/1 in Lake Geneva. This is not good. Even with the Rent to Own ad in the paper I've only gotten a handful of calls. No one seems to be the least bit interested in this house. I guess I totally misjudged this house/location. I truly thought the area would be the big selling feature on this house especially since it's summer but nope, I was wrong. What I SHOULD do is place an ad in the Chicago Tribune's real estate section. Yeah, I'm going to add that to my Goals. Maybe someone wants a cheap 2nd house up this way? Good thinking.
I have another For Rent ad in the paper for the condos. We'll see what I get for that. Sucks.
I think that's it for now. Everyone have a good day!