Monday, April 6, 2009

Counters

We got 2 more good counters Friday night. One was $10k below asking and the other was $20k below asking. We are still pretty far apart on numbers BUT at least they are coming down a reasonable number. Michelle and I are going to look at the properties either tonight or tomorrow. The property that came down $20k is a 2/1 with walk out basement. I have never purchased a 2/1 so I'm hoping the basement has room for a 3rd. The listing agent does not list the basement in its dimensions so I'm wondering whether she forgot OR if it is unusable. She mentions it in the description however. The one that came down $10k is in a town I have never purchased before. It is a great town and I do have a buyer out that way which is the reason for my offer. The house is a 4br/3ba listed at $65k with a tax value of $244k. The listed properties start at $178k and jump to $229k. I can't wait to see what's wrong with this house! ha, ha. Right now the bank is sitting at $55k and my offer is $35k.

Keep making offers and something will happen. Hopefully something will pop soon and I'll have a May closing. I need to keeep on top of my goals - 10 properties this year. Right now I'm averaging 1/month.

On a more sour note, I'm still holding on to my last set of condos. I lowered the price b/c there is a lady out there who supposedly wants to buy both. She's been dragging her feet and I wanted to get her to move... still nothing. My absolute last resort is to rent-to-own these but I don't want to on these particular properties. I know I keep going back and forth on this but I just don't want these particular units, I'd rather sell at a loss. I do want to buy/hold at least 1 if not 2 properties this year (a new goal) but I want single families. At any rate I'm giving it another week and then the rent-to-own ads are coming out.

Non-REI:
Still working out. I mentioned we are doing a sprint triathlon so I'm focused on swimming and biking at the moment. I can do .5 mile in the pool and am doing 45 minute spinning classes. Damn they are hard! I haven't really done any running b/c I hate running! I'll need to do it eventually. STILL no weight loss. I guess I'm going to have to look long and hard at my eating habits to actually lose weight. Oh well, still getting stronger I suppose!

I guess the beer/pizza over the weekend is a no-no?!? heehee

2 comments:

Steph said...

Keep making those offers- you'll get one eventually.

I've been making a ton of them myself, but haven't gotten one accepted in awhile, which sucks.

Nice job with the exercising, btw.

Eileen-WI said...

I am so damn sore I can't even tell you! Some movement on the scale would be nice for my pain - ha, ha.

Looking at some good counters. Hoping to have something locked up soon.