Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Complete gut rehab - Dump

The property where the bank came down $20k is a complete rehab/dump. Anything would be good at the right price I suppose but this house was downright scary. Not in the TampaSteph sort of way (at least that I know of) but just scary. It actually was a duplex, not a SF as I'd thought, 1/2 the windows were missing, tear off roof, new siding and gutting on the inside. The whole shabang. AND, there was a 1 bedroom house in the backyard. That was in OK shape but had water damage/mold. Whatever, I didn't counter back and will just watch it - maybe.

I looked at a couple other properties last night. One just came on the market 2 days ago at $55k (that is LOOW in my neck of the woods) so I had to see it. Of course I was expecting it to be a piece of shit but lo and behold it was in great shape. It has nice siding, new roof, HUGE yard, deck, french doors to deck, backs up to a school (could be good or bad), 1.5 car attached garage, minimal repair on the inside. I have no idea why they priced this puppy so low. It does only have 2 bedrooms/1 bath but there is a very large rec room in the basement. Someone could possibly use that for another bedroom. Anyhoo, they are taking offers through tomorrow so hopefully I'll know something by Friday?!

We also saw another property where they came down $20k. This one is also in decent shape but is a 2/1 with no garage. This is a great area with a great school district so I came up $8k and told them that was my highest and best. Apparently this is NOT a bank owned but an older couple that have moved out of state. We'll see if they are motivated enough to come down another $10k.

The last one I put an offer on was a 3/1 with no garage, GREAT yard, small deck, very little work. It's a small but cute house. Very nice, larger homes surround it but, directly across the street, there is a complete shithole. It sticks out like a sore thumb. It's really too bad for the neighborhood.

At any rate I'm hoping to have at least 1 if not 2 contracts for May! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Shae said...

Good luck! So are these all HUD homes too?

Steph said...

Keep up the offers, Eileen, and you will definitely have some deals closing next month.

Just keep making those offers. :)

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks guys! I will not stop making offers, that's for sure. In fact, when I hit a dry spell I make 10x as many offers. Hmmm, maybe that's my problem - I don't make enough offers until things get tight.

I did get one under contract BTW. I'm going to blog about it.