Thursday, February 5, 2009

Freakin' Frustrated!

So we're finally set to close on the HUD property tomorrow that we were supposed to close 2 weeks ago. My ad went in the paper about a week and a half ago (b/c we were supposed to close 2 weeks ago, remember?) and I have had many, many phone calls on the property. I set up a group showing after closing tomorrow night at 5:30pm, closing is at 4pm. Okay, up to speed? I have been telling my realtor over the past week or so that I've been getting lots of phone calls, that I'm showing the property after closing, etc., etc. She met my husband out there yesterday to check out a couple things and I made sure the electric will be on (so people can see the house) and set up an appt with the gas company so we have heat (so people are not freezing). I scheduled the gas to be turned back on Friday morning so we would have heat in the evening. Is this too much to ask? Sooo, I talk to my realtor yesterday and tell her the gas guy will need to get in Friday morning and I will just need the door unlocked (remember HUD uses a master key system around here). Either she could open the door Thursday night or Friday morning. She said, "no problem Eileen, I will take care of it". I get this email this afternoon:

" I talked to the listing agent to see if he was going to pick up the padlocks because I was going to have him do it in the morning so We Energies could get in there. He does not want you to have anyone in the home until after closing. HUD makes him nervous as well. Actually he lists a lot of HUD homes. He is the guy that disperses the keys so he may actually like HUD! Sorry about the inconvenience. Do not forget to wire your share of the proceeds today. See you tomorrow at 4:00!"

Sorry about the inconvenience?!?!?!? You KNOW I have numerous people coming to view it after closing! Seriously, what if this was my personal property and I wanted to get in over the weekend and I had no heat?!?! What if my lease was up and had nowhere to live?! This really, really pisses me off. Urrghh, I am soo mad. Here is my response to her (I know, very bitchy. I should call and apologize):

"You know..... this is a big deal! I am showing this house to NUMEROUS people on Friday night and the house is going to be freezing. UnbelievableIt's my own fault. Try to be proactive and I get bit in the ass all the time - whatever."

So anyway, enough complaining.

On a happy note, I closed w/ my buyers on my 2nd set of condos last week. Woo hoo. First of '09.

Gotta run... damn work!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, that would piss me off, too.

Too bad you can't make your own personal copy of one of those keys..

Congrats on the first deal of '09!

Eileen-WI said...

Well, funny you should say that Steph! My realtor told me Friday that her brokerage is now allowed to make as many copies as these keys as they want. wink, wink, nudge, nudge... one might just disappear into my hand! ha, ha. I think she knew I was completely off my rocker pissed!

With all that "drama" the open house type thing went well and we got a contract on Saturday morning. More details in the blog.