Friday, February 20, 2009

Another signed contract... to buy...

I know, I know, I said I wasn't gong to submit any more offers.... This is yet another HUD property that I've been watching. It is currently listed for $95k, we got it for a net of $50k. Comps in the area for TLC properties range from $68k - $104k. It's kind of a no-brainer (don't let those words come back to haunt me - please!). AND, since it's a HUD we will not have to close until April. I'm hoping my other properties will be under contract by then.

We have a lot of interest in the condos we closed earlier this week and the property we closed last Friday. It seems the property we closed last Friday (the single family) may need more work than I initially thought, or was told. My "in a pinch" buyer looked again and told me some things my guy didn't see or I forgot when he told me. OR my buyer may just be making things sound worse than they are to get a lower price, not sure. He said he would shoot me an email with some numbers (even though I already told him what I would/could take) and if they work, they work. I hope it's a number that looks something like this... $76k.

So the pipes in the condo froze and burst. Can you believe this shit?!?! It is kind of a long story and I'm not sure who I can blame but, ultimately, I suppose it would have to be me. I'll get in to this in more detail at a later time, possibly. I am so irritated right now. It was another learning experience. More information I can take to my next buying excursion.

My mom is coming this weekend with my 2 nephews. It's going to be craaazy but fun!

No comments: