Monday, February 9, 2009

Outcome of showing w/ no heat

Well, closing on my heatless property went off without a hitch. After the closing we headed over to the property and there was already a couple there waiting to get in. This was at 5pm. At 5:30pm (show time) people started coming out of the woodwork. We had many, many people walk through. Two people that night took my fax number so they could send over an offer and another 2 were very interested but they were not pre-qualified. I told them I would not accept an offer without it. So, I gave them my mortgage gals number to get them going. Both were first time homebuyers. This is a perfect house for them - minimal, minimal work and loads of equity in a sought after community! Anyway, no one really complained about the lack of heat. Thankfully it was warm out that day (in the 40's) so the house was not completely freezing. I guess I got all worked up for nothing! ha, ha. That happens to me sometimes...

Saturday rolls around and we get one offer for $5k less than our asking price, which is still okay with me. She has no financing contingency but has an inspection contingency. Her husband is a contractor and will be doing the inspection. He was out of town Friday but is coming home today and they are going through the property tomorrow at noon. I have 2 other people going through at that time too. Also, another couple tonight. I hope to have something solid by end of week. I'm just worried the husband is going to "find something" to get them out of the contract?! I guess I'll find out tomorrow...

We have another HUD closing Friday. This property I'm a little worried about flipping. We had an ad go in the paper yesterday and only 1 phone call so far. This is NOT good for me. I'll try and be patient but it is difficult.

We're submitting another 10 offers or so this week. A couple may be pretty close so I hope to have another one under contract by the end of the month. Have to stay on track!!

Oh, real quick, my realtor's brokerage can now make as many copies of the HUD master keys as they "need". Hmmm, maybe I'll find one somewhere on my person soon. Or maybe this will be my "gift" after the next closing (or soon thereafter). I just hope it's soon!!!!!!!!!!

One more thing - I've been working out but no results just yet. Haven't started with the personal trainer, maybe next week.

Gotta run.

5 comments:

Shae said...

Congrats Eileen! Everything worked out just fine! Sounds like a good start for the year for you :) How's the baby doing? Mine is 9 months now and she's standing by herself but nervous to take a step.

Also, what range of profit do you look to get on your HUD flips? Do you ever hold any of these for 90 days or are you flipping all of them right away?

Shae said...

Oh.....and congrats on working out! I need to get with the program too. I still have 20 baby pounds to shed :)

Eileen-WI said...

Yes it has been a good start to the year. I just get overwhelmed sometimes, get stressed out and take it out on someone. Not good.

The baby is good. He is six months now, moving all over and, just last night, noticed that his bottom tooth popped through. I'm so sad... he's growing too fast. This is our last so it is all bittersweet for me.

I try to make about $10k per property. I usually end up getting between $7k - $10k though. No, I do not hold them for 90 days that is not a rule. If I can sell them the same day I do (but I haven't yet) : )

Steph said...

Nice job, Eileen.

You're off to a great start this year- keep those offers up!

I hope to see you end up with one of those keys on your person.. :)

Shae said...

Yes, the babies grow sooo fast! It seems like I was just pregnant a few months ago yet my daughter is almost 10 months old! I think we're stopping at two, but we'll see!