Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's a BOY! Closings and more....

Well, I finally have a few minutes to tell anyone reading this that we had a boy! His name is Aidan David, born on 8/18/08 and was 9 lbs, 12 oz (ouch!) and 22 inches. We have 2 little girls so getting a boy was a thrill. We didn't know what we were having but both my husband and I thought 'girl'. Anyway, everyone is doing good.

This past Tuesday we closed on the 2nd HUD home. There were some glitches but it ended up closing fine. When I was in the hospital I put 2 ads in the paper to sell the property "as is" instead of rehabbing. Since we're STILL holding on to the Jefferson Street property we were getting nervous about having to sit on 2 properties (as I stated in previous posts). Anyway, we received about 30 calls in the first week and about 10 calls this week so far. This morning a gal called who is already pre-approved so I told her we would be at the property at 11:30. She met us there, she liked the property and we signed a contract. She was headed to her bank to give them the signed contract and I think she wants to close within 2 weeks. Let's hope it goes through. She is using a local credit union so seasoning shouldn't be an issue. What might be an issue though is the fact that the bank I used for financing didn't know I was going to "flip" this property. I wasn't planning on it initially but we ended up going that route. Do banks get mad at this? She didn't seem too pleased when I told her I may have interested parties. I hope she doesn't get too mad as I wanted to build a solid relationship with this bank!!! We'll see how it all goes and I'll keep ya posted.

We have not submitted any new offers and the ones we submitted a while ago the banks would not come down enough to even warrant looking at the property. I am, however, still watching other properties to see when they will drop in price.

Okay, that's all for now... going to take a nap : )

1 comment:

Steph said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Love the name, btw. :)

Steph