Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still no baby but we did get our loan!

I posted on the forum that we did get the "in house" loan from our local bank. The only things we had to submit were a copy of our DL's, 1 pay stub from each of us, our signed contract and that's it. The downside, as I stated on the forum, is that we need to put down 20%. I'm not all that happy about this but I want to establish a relationship with this bank to hopefully do many, many more deals going forward. Ultimate goal is to establish a LOC to access when making offers!

We had 2 second showings on the Jefferson Str property this week. I think one showing was last night and the other... well I'm not sure if he went back yet. He wanted to go through the garage/work area. When my lovely husband put on the new lock he did not leave a key in the lockbox and proceeded to lose the key. So, we had to go out this weekend and cut the lock off. There goes $18 down the toilet : ) I'll just add it to our all ready growing holding costs. My fingers are getting achey from having them crossed until we sell this place. I would be ecstatic if we had a contract before the 25th which is our second closing.

I am putting an offer in on a HUGE victorian that needs a lot of work today. I haven't been putting in offers because of everything I have going on but this one I couldn't pass up!! It was just reduced to $34k and I submitted a $21k cash offer w/ inspection contingency.

Well Friday is my actual due date but I'm going to see the dr. tomorrow and we're setting up an induction appt. I hope we don't have to go that route but... whatever it takes, I guess.

That's it for now. Talk to everyone soon!!!

No comments: