Thursday, August 14, 2008

2nd showing last night

We had a 2nd showing on the property last night and both sets of parents apparently did not like the basement... What?! Okay, the house is about 90 years old with a stone basement. What do you think you're getting? A finished basement with full bar and large screen TV. Oh yeah, and it's also $25k under value? Maybe I'm off on my numbers, I don't think so but the more I'm getting these comments the more I have to wonder! We still have the other 2nd showing with the guy that wants to see the garage. He hasn't gone through again and the garage is what needs the MOST work - crap. At the end of this month there will be a change. Either the price will go down OR we will make more changes to the house.

I decided I'm going to market the 2nd HUD home "as is" at $69k for a few weeks before putting any more money into it. I placed ads in the paper today and have called a couple people to see if they are interested. I have a couple more people to call but I will not be able to get into the property until after closing so I don't want to say, "yeah, we can't get into the property just yet". I bought for $62,740 so this would not be a huge pay day but if I can sell for a few grand that would be just fine in my book. Wish me luck on this one too! The other property is just pissing me off!!!!

I think the property I put an offer on yesterday has an accepted offer. It is no longer listed as for sale. I'll have to ask my realtor. Another property I put an offer on (that was declined immediately) came down in price by almost $10k. We're still about $23k apart but maybe they will at least look at my offer this time. We're resubmitting.

Still going through my pre-license DVD classes and I've fallen asleep twice. woops. I have learned a couple interesting things but for the most part VERY boring. Especially since I know this is not for a "real" real estate job but rather my personal interests. Anyway I'm a little more than 1/2 way done. I'm not really sure how I'm going to remember everything for the test since it will most likely be done in the next 2 months (before I go back to work - SOB : ( ). I'll figure something out even if I have to take it a couple times!

No comments: