Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No baby yet... oh yeah, maybe no new loans for me either!?!

Yeah, no baby. I am hot, tired and crabby dammit I don't know how I'll be able to survive another 2 weeks?!?! I guess, just like everything else, I'll just muddle through.

So, my mortgage guy tells me I no longer qualify for the loan that I got to close the last HUD property. Of course I find this out 2 weeks before I'm supposed to close on the 2nd HUD property. Nice, huh? I guess it has to do with the new FHA guidelines and my debt to income ratio is too high. Since my husband has sucky credit I've been doing this on my credit alone and we DO have a lot of credit of which I'm trying to pay off with the profit from our houses. It will take us a LONG time to get out of debt. We're doing it little by little though.... At any rate, I started calling around to small, local banks like everyone says to do (I'm a slow learner) and have connected with a gal who is trying to get me an "in house" loan through their commercial department to get this done. We have to file an extension for closing by Friday if we're going to go through with this so she'll have to let me know if it will work for them. They are concerned we're holding the other property with no offers and my debt to income, of course. She did mention if we could clean up my husbands credit a bit than maybe a LOC would be a better option for use - what?! that would be AWESOME! So possibly the profit from the next house will go to cleaning up his credit if we could get the LOC.

Otherwise with all this crap I may have to put my dad on the loans. He offered up his credit but I've been trying to avoid that for many reasons. If we get declined from this bank, we'll most likely lose our EMD, back out of the deal and I'll have to talk to my dad about it again.

I have to say I feel like I'm starting all over again. Calling banks/brokers to see if I qualify for a loan even though I know I do not. Also, the hard money guys that I had as a "fall back" are not loaning any more. I am very frustrated and am starting to lose focus. I KNOW the losing focus has to do with the baby coming too but the getting declined now doesn't help either!! Urrrrghh.

There was an open house this weekend at the house and it went well I was told. A lot of people went through and a few went through after the open house and another one tonight. My realtor seems to think we'll have something by the end of the month. I like her positive attitude but I really hate getting my hopes up and then having it fall apart. If we don't have anything at the end of the month we're going to have to either update more of the house OR drop the price.... I'll have to talk to Dave about that, I suppose

Is anyone else sick of hearing about Brett Favre or is it just me b/c I'm in WI?!!? Who cares already!!??!?

1 comment:

mich0422 said...

I started reading your blog a couple of months ago. I started at the beginning and read all the way through! You really are an inspiration. I admire your tenacity.
Keep doing what you're doing and sometime (hopefully soon) you'll look back on all of the hard times and know it was all worth it.
michelle