Friday, October 29, 2010

Quick update...

Good afternoon, all! Is everyone getting ready for the big Halloween weekend!?! My kids have been waiting patiently all week for the weekend. My oldest is going to be Hanna Montana (we have the wig!), my second daughter is going to be Spider Man (last year she was super man... she's into the super heros) and my youngest is going to be a fireman. They're so damn cute!

I have been plugging away over here looking for my first kick ass rehab. A property came on the market yesterday that looks awesome but not getting my hopes up too high. One of the basement walls has collapsed so we're having one of Brian's contractors give us an idea of the cost. The pictures show the rest of the house in excellent shape. I'm hoping to have an offer in by Monday if it's not a complete tear down. There are a couple other properties I'm watching too but nothing I've seen to "cherry pick" yet. Hopefully this will be my first rehab!! I'll keep y'all posted next week

For anyone who reads this blog on a quasi-regular basis, you know I set an "end date" for myself of next August. I'm still focusing on achieving that goal but, the reality is, I may not make it and I may have to adjust my dates. We will see what the year brings but I'm really working my tail off looking for my first Milwaukee deal. My hope is that having a mentor to guide me through the rehab process will subtract years off my learning curve.

In the meantime, I am going get some tips from the one and only Shae Bynes on how to leave my 9-5 with her "Financial Freedom GPS" roadmap! I can't wait to go through it, especially on how to get your spouse on board with budgeting. See, my husband thinks we have a money tree in the backyard... it died long, long ago : ) Click below on the link and you too can get Shae's roadmap!!

http://www.goodfaithinvesting.com/2010/10/27/financial-freedom-gps-is-here/

That is it for today! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Woo hoo!! fingers crossed for the rehab! I hope it will be a great project for you! You should be able to make your "date"! Especially with Ms.Shae's know how!! Good luck with all of it, I am truly pulling for you!!

Shae said...

That's awesome, Eileen! You can do it...I can't wait to see you make your escape! If you have any questions at all on the Financial Freedom GPS or want advice on something specific, you know how to reach me. I'm here for ya!

Have a great weekend!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks ladies! I'm OK with modifying my "end date" if necessary. I'm in no way, shape or form giving up on that dream just possibly tweaking it a little. I want to be sure it's done right!!

Shae, you know I'll be tracking you down with questions! I expect to be one of your many success stories!

Have a great Halloween!