Monday, November 8, 2010

Finding a lot of "TOM"'s

The property I wrote about in my last blog, with the collapsed wall, is a "TOM" (temporarily off the market). I was just about to send my offer out last Monday and thought, "hmmm, I should see if it's still active?!". It wasn't... it was expired. I called the listing agent and she told me the house is TOM. There are a few others I've had interest in and then found out they were off the market too. I have been told that the listing agents are still taking offers but holding them until the bank is ready to move on them again. I'll be honest, I'm a little frustrated BUT I know it's just a matter of time before I hit something! I guess I'm just inpatient. It's been a while since I've done anything and I want some action, baby!

I've got a list of properties I'm going to look at this week, probably Thursday. More than 1/2 are vacant short sales that have been on the market a while. I have not looked at how close they are to auction but I need to get some offers out there!

I'm thinking I need to start my yellow letter campaign again but the thought simply overwhelmes me. Not sure why? I did it in the past and found a few properties? I don't know, not right now but maybe soon.

Pretty exciting stuff, huh?!?! Hope you all have a marvelous week!!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen! What is it that overwhelms you about doing a direct mail campaign? Is it handling phone calls or is it dealing with sellers in general?

Eileen-WI said...

Hi Shae! All of the above. I can't answer my phone at work so I was playing phone tag a lot. Homeowners would "flake"... interested in selling then not return calls, etc. I did NOT like negotiating with the banks, it was damn near impossible (for me and my schedule). There wasn't too much that I did like about the letter campaign other than getting deals. If I did them again I would probably focus on probates or absentee owners, not pre-foreclosures.