Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do...

It's been, ummm, an interesting week here in southeast WI. Where should I start??!!? I'll start from the beginning but I'll try to condense the story. You all know I've been talking about our rental property and the lack of potential buyers? I thought it might be a good idea to list the property with a local agent in hopes to get more potential buyers through the home. I also thought he would have more insight into property values/rentals/sales in the town. In other words give sound advice on getting the property sold, and fast! This is where the problem started. Last Friday I called my agent and told her my plans. She wasn't happy, of course, and I can't blame her. However, because of all the business we've done together I truely thought it would slide by. WRONG! See, I was thinking of hanging my license with her broker so I could still use her to make my offers. Because of this she went to her broker to see if it was 'OK' for me to list with another broker. Well, in a nutshell, I got an email saying they did not want me hanging my license with them anymore and they wanted the HUD keys back (she actually left a VM about the keys). I will no longer be getting mls access either.

Hmmmm, I didn't think this out very thoroughly, did I? I can honestly say that I didn't think things would go in this direction... seriously! I guess you can call me naive!? I have purchased 98% of the properties through my agent and sold most of them through her also. It kind of makes me a little angry! Before I get blasted that they had every reason to be mad, I can absolutely see their point of view too! Even after all the problems I caused myself, I'm not sure I would have changed anything. I still think it is a smarter move to work with a local realtor?! Anyhoo, apparently my realtor didn't want to work with me as much as I thought she wanted to. I think too highly of myself! : ) Just kidding! I don't know, I made her pretty good money fairly easily so I thought she would fight to keep me around. Whatever... what's done is done. This will probably work out better for me in the long run since I will be focusing more of my time in Milwaukee.

So all this happened Monday and Tuesday. Today I get a call from my husband that AmeriGas declined me as a new client (we're switching our personal residence LP co's) b/c my credit score was too low. WHAT!?!?! Yep, it has somehow slipped to UNDER 500 (btw, I was in the low 700's last time I checked). I know my business line of credit has been pulling my credit score down but I didn't realize it was that much?!?! I need to get a copy and take a look.

So yeah, I just want to huddle in a corner and cry! It's been a really bad week for me and I'm only 1/2 way through it! Sometimes I just want to give up and throw in the towel just like everyone else.... but NOPE I have to keep pluggin' away with my head held high (even with a 400 something credit score - WTF?). Urrgghh.

Later gators!

3 comments:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen, I'm actually surprised that it went down like that...you've done a lot of business together so I don't understand why there was THAT much sensitivity about it? Anyway...as far as your credit is concerned that doesn't sound right at all. There may be something wacky on your report so definitely be sure to order your report and look at every single detail. Hang in there, pal!

Kelly said...

Wow! What a jacked up week! (so far) I would fight the agent thing, I would call a meeting for the 3 of you,(like they like to do anyway), and spell it out. Ask them to take the emotions out of it and stick to biz. Remind them what a small community it is and that you all need each other. Explain to them that you have an abundance mentality and they are reacting negatively, which is not good for business. It's not the last deal you will be doing. Your relationship could be mutually beneficial. It is unrealistic to think you would use them exclusively. ....I might be faced with a similar situation soon, we will see how well I walk my talk eh? From what you have said about them...they are a little too tightly wound. Good luck with the score fix , that sux! Good luck with the new market!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks ladies!! My husband has been fantastic at putting things into perspective for me!

I may know why my credit has been hit so hard but haven't confirmed it yet. Hopefully I'll know by tomorrow and get on track to getting it fixed.

@Shae: That's what I thought! I was told they felt like I "slapped them in the face" with wanting to go to another agency. Why? Because they gave me mls access and HUD keys. They felt they went above and beyond for me and I should do the same. Yes, I appreciated their flexibility but, come on, to kick me out?!

@Kelly: Yeah, no, not gonna happen. I don't feel they are "all that" nor do I feel they provide me the type of service I need/want to remain exclusive (sounds like a marriage, heehee). In the past several months I've felt like a I've been on the backburner with my realtor and it didn't sit too well with me. I tried talking to her about it and she would blow it off saying she was busy but not any more.

I feel like this is a fresh start for me. Yesterday I ran into an old co-worker on my way out of the hospital and she was telling me about how bad her new position is. She is very spiritual and said, "you know Eileen when God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window. I know He is guiding me somewhere but I just don't know where yet.". That really hit home for me. I believe I am also in that some place. All of this is/was supposed to happen to get to a better place.

Enough rambling now. This could have been another blog!!

Thanks again ladies!