Thursday, October 7, 2010

And it's done, I have a coach!

Yaahhhoooo! I am meeting Brian Monday to sign up for his coaching program. I'm sure you were all introduced to Brian when you read through the launch of the AskTheFlipVIP's! He is an active member and I feel very lucky to be able to work with him one one one. I also think the AskTheFlipVIP's is an incredible offering and anyone interested in getting help in any area of REI should take a look! If I had it to do over again I would have asked for some type of mentoring earlier on. Even though I have come a long way and have done pretty good for myself, I wonder how much further I would have been if I had a mentor? I do not dwell on this, however. Things happen for a reason and I feel that now is the time in my career where a mentor will really kick things into high gear. I'm really, really psyched!!!!!!

We're almost done with our updates to the rental... My realtor is taking someone through tomorrow. I'm very interested/nervous in hearing the comments. The reason I am nervous is b/c they may say more improvements should have been made. I wanted to keep the cost down to keep the price down. We can always do more if necessary...

Still haven't heard anything on the A-Hole house. This will be the last time I post an update unless something actually happens : )

Apparently HUD is making some changes. I guess they are transitioning over to a new company (whatever that means?). I know they have a new website (www.hudhomestore.com), though and it doesn't look like all the properties are moved from the old website to the new website. This should be fun! One thing I did notice on the new website is all the "New Listing"'s have a countdown of 28 days. Does that mean the house is available to o/o's for 28 days instead of 10 days?? That would totally suck! There is also a new column called "Listing Period" with titles "Exclusive" and "Lottery". It looks like "Exclusive" means the property is only available to o/o, non-profits and government agencies. Then "Lottery" means the property is only available to non-profits and government agencies - what? After that it might go to all bidders? Jeez, I hope this new process doesn't make investors wait a month, or more, to bid on a property!! There is one that just came out today, possibly a cherry pick, in my new area and I can't bid on it for 28 days. Maybe?! I have to try to find the new rules!

Back to work I go....

No comments: