Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First post of the New Year - Here's to a Fabulous 2010!!

Happy New Year everyone! We had a great Christmas and New Year. I was on call at the hospital for Christmas so I only made my in-laws on Christmas day. Later in the day my husband took our kids down to my parents for dinner. They all had a wonderful time and have enough toys to REfill our toy room. New Years eve was fun too. We ended up having small party at the last minute and I was over served : ) We had a wonderful time dancing, singing, playing dice/cards, etc. Anyhoo, it's back to business now.

I've been working on my goals for the new year and I'm doing pretty good. I now need to put an action plan into place. Honestly, I'm not really sure how to do that?? I know the basics but I'll have to read up on that.... BTW, I finished Brian Tracy's book for Steph's book club (go to www.flipthiswholesaler.net on the 7th to join in!). This book had some quality information but I wasn't crazy about his writing style. I'm looking forward to her next pick.

Right now we have 2 HUD's under contract so far for the year. One will be closing on 2/11 and we do not have a closing date for the other yet. probably the end of February or the beginning of March. There is another HUD my husband is going to look at today that could be another great deal. It's comping out at an easy $160k and we can get it right now for $90k (which I think is still too high - it's due for a price reduction soon). It doesn't sound like it needs a lot of work but that's why we need to go look. I'll keep you all posted.

I looked at 4 houses this past weekend and I will make an offer on at least one. These are regular REO's but we are VERY far apart on numbers so do not think there is a deal there - yet! I'm staying very focused on HUD's too. You know they changed their policies a little. You now need to show proof of funds for you downpayment monies. So if your bank gives you a pre-approval for 80% of your loan you now need to send them a bank statement (or something) showing you have money to close the deal. It is a pain in the ass but I know why they are doing it....

I have to run. Today is my daughters 5th birthday! I can't believe she is 5 already!! She acts like she's 15 though..... heehee!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start already with the two properties under contract.

I predict you are going to kill it this year. Just a hunch I have. :)

Happy New Year, Eileen!!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Steph! I'm certainly going to attempt the kill!!