Thursday, July 16, 2009

Where to start?!

I'm back from a wooonderfuul vacation! It took me a while to relax and get in the "zone" but boy howdy when I found it I didn't want to leave : ) I just loved hangin' with the family, friends and especially my kids. Oh how I miss them now. Not that I didn't miss them before but we had such a wonderful week together I want it all the time now. Anyhoo, I'm back at work now and hating every minute of it. Not really, it's okay.

So real quick about the last rental property I bought... it has HUGE cracks in the cement in the screened in porch and add on dining room area. Of course I am livid and didn't see it b/c it was covered by carpet. I got my guy in there again and he said it is not the main foundation of the house (which is good, of course) but it will be expensive to fix in order to resell one day. Why do we now see it? Because the renters pulled up the carpet in the screened in porch and discovered the crack. Then moving into the add on dining area (where there is more carpet), you have to feel for the cracks and most of them were under the table. Was any of this disclosed? Naw, why would they. This guy owned the house for 18 years, don't tell me he didn't know. At any rate I have a call into a lawyer and am waiting to hear back from him. With my luck I'm just stuck with it since it's not the main foundation. I'm going to make a couple other calls b/c I haven't heard back from this guy yet and I'm anxious.

On to the HUD property. My HML fell through - no financing. Ha, ha, ha. I'm full of good news, right? I'm not sure what we are going to do? I told my insurance guy to put all on hold and then asked if he had any HML's and he does. This may be a good thing, we'll see.

We put an offer of $40k on a property listed at $59k (short sale) and the owner rejected. Funny. I always laugh when the owner rejects or counters. Leave that up to the bank.

I am doing my triathlon this Saturday. I think I am going to die. Well at the very least I am going to be so sore on Sunday I will not be able to move! Needless to say my training has been nonexistent.

I also signed up to take the REL exam next Weds. I figured I needed to just take the test. What is the worst that can happen? I'll fail. I decided I needed to take things into my own hands when I told my realtor about the foundation issues and I didn't hear back from her for 4 days. I had to call HER for an update (which there wasn't one). This is a B-I-G deal for me.

I'm sure there is more but I have to run. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Eileen, its great to hear from you again. Missed you! :-) So glad you had a wonderful vacation! I'm headed to Atlanta for a week with family and friends tomorrow.

I can't believe you're doing a triathlon! WOW! You go girl!

Good luck with the rental property issues. So is the issue expensive enough to justify the expense of litigation? The owner just had to know...

Eileen-WI said...

I can't believe I'm doing a triathlon either, ha, ha. My training was going great until my hubby went back to work and then it all went to crap. Oh well, it is a challenge for me.

I rental property issue can be expensive enough to justify litigation. I say "can" because it doesn't have to be fixed since it's not part of the main foundation of the house. However, no one in their right mind would buy it for a decent amount without it being fixed properly. Again, I'm not planning on selling any time soon but when I do it needs to be fixed! Oh the joys, oh the joys...

Have a WONDERFUL time on your trip!