Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HUD Update #2

Well, I got someone to write up my 'HUD Specific' pre-approval letter. Damn they make things difficult! I actually think he had to re-write it twice to meet their approval. So who did I use? As I'm walking out of work Monday night, thinking I was going to lose out on the property, I thought- HEY - I'm going to call Ed Goggins. He is the mortgage guy I used last year for our pre-hab and also acquired another property (the duplex) with a hard money loan he referred. Some time last year the Hard money guy stopped lending so I've only talked to Ed a handful of times over the past year, mainly about rentals (he's been a big help in that area too). I thought maybe the HML was lending again or that Ed can just write me up a letter. I called him on my way home Monday and he called the HML but has not gotten a response yet. However, he did write up the pre-approval letter for me so we have the property locked in. NOW, I need to find a buyer. I just asked my realtor again if I can have a key but I'm pretty sure I know how that is going to go. She mentioned a while ago that they have extras around the office and she might just "misplace" one but I never got it. We'll see what she says. Otherwise my plan is to advertise like hell, set up a group showing and hopefully get a contract. Once again, another reason to get licensed! I thought about bringing my REL book on vacation next week but I decided against it. I just need time to relax and not think about work... any kind of work! All work and no play, right?

We are putting in 2 more offers. One is a HUD property and the other is a regular bank owned. We'll see how they go.

3 comments:

Shae said...

Way to push through those stumbling blocks Eileen! Congrats on getting another property locked in. And enjoy your vacation!!!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Shae! I'm feeling a little gunshy though... Since I was wrong on the 2/1 in Lake Geneva (that I'm still holding), I have lost my confidence a bit. If I am wrong on this house... Nope... positive attitude! : )

Shae said...

There ya go ;-) Your confidence will be renewed soon!