Friday, July 24, 2009

Updates

It's been a pretty good week! I do not have a ton of time so I'm going to use bullet points:

* Working on more financing options. I have applications into 2 local banks and also trying to get a HML lined up. We have been playing phone tag.

* Got an offer on the 2/1 in Lake Geneva. I will be losing about $3k on this deal but just want it closed and gone. My fingers will be tightly crossed for the next month in hopes that it closes with no problems.

* Got another offer accepted. This is an REO we have been watching for many, many months. It had an accepted offer, financing fell through. Then it had another accepted offer and that person (an agent, I guess) "fell off the planet" so the listing agent said. I will be showing/advertising this property as soon as I get the signed contract back from the bank. I'm hoping to get a buyer before closing on this one (you know, the way it's SUPPOSED to be done : ) )

* I took the REL test Weds and passed. Too funny. I learned a lot over the past 2 years so that helped in my studying/test taking.

I think that's it for now. Hopefully next week will be just as good and productive!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Wow! I'd say that's a pretty awesome week Eileen. Congratulations! I'm glad you found a buyer for the Lake Geneva home...you'll get your $3K loss back plus some on the next go round.

So it sounds like this property isn't a HUD?

Have a great weekend!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Shae! My HML didn't pan out though : ( I'm finding the HML's around here are leary about lending because they are taking a lot of properties back. The properties need to be VERY "close to home" in order for them to lend. I'm still waiting on the local banks... we'll see.

No, this new property is not a HUD. Quite frankly if I don't find a buyer before closing I'll have a REAL hard time financing, if at all. Urgh. I'm hoping it will just work itself out.