Friday, July 31, 2009

Contacts, contracts, new offers, Dave Ramsey, etc

I have been advertising my new HUD property on craigslist and am getting a decent response, usually I only get spammed. I also have it in the paper but only received one call so far. That surprised me. One of my responders from craigslist just happens to be a realtor/aspiring investor. We got to talking and I asked if he would show my HUD property for a commission/bonus if sold by a certain date. He said yes. Soo, I'm trying to set up times for my interested parties to see the place. I hope he doesn't get "caught" showing the place b/c I left out the fact that they could get irritated by showing prior to closing. BUT, b/c he wants to be an investor I think he wouldn't care anyway. I guess we will see.

My Lake Geneva contract has not fallen apart yet. Of course as I'm writing this I may be getting a VM stating the opposite. I'm not trying to be negative, I just want it gone and I'm being realistic. It's a nice house, it still baffles me?!?! This past Wednesday I got a call from a gal who went through the property the same night that my current buyer went through. She wanted to know if it was still available and I told her no, we had a contract. She asked if it was solid and said she was very interested. Sooo, if this one DOES fall through at least I can give her a call. She wanted to be added to my buyers list too.

I'm putting another offer on a HUD property (why do they have to be my best deals?!). It is "All Reasonable Offers" we're going to see how low they go. But, if I can use this realtor to show the properties then I will be set... for now.

Outside of that offer and another one I'm watching, I have kind of backed off submitting offers b/c I want to be sure Lake Geneva closes and I also want to focus on finding a buyer for my current HUD. I know I need to "keep things in the pipeline" but I need to get back to a clean slate too (minus the rentals which are a whole other story I'm not going into right now).

I picked up my Dave Ramsey book again this week and am all pumped to get our budget together. I guess that would put us in the pre-Baby Step 1 stage. My biggest, biggest, biggest hurdle is going to be getting my husband on board. He seems to think we have that money tree out back that I find so damn elusive! If I can get him on board we will be good to go. I know this is going to take time and change so we'll see how he reacts.

My husbands sister is getting married next month and I'm going to bachelorette party tonight. It should be fun. We're going to Chicago and our first stop is a pole dancing club. heehee. I think it is a pole dancing fitness club that you can rent out for parties. You can bring in booze and food, much needed. After that we're heading out to the bars. I'm looking forward to it and can't WAIT to see my mother in law on the pole! I always say I'll post pictures but never do. If I get some good shots I'll put them up!

Everyone have a good weekend!

No comments: