Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pre-approval/Multi-Counter

Well, believe it or not Wells actually pre-approved us for a loan. Isn't that funny? I puffed up the numbers a bit, JUST a bit, to see if that would help. Apparently it did. My local bank would not set up a line of credit for us but she did write up a pre-approval for "cash or financing". So, it's kind of a cash offer. I'm not sure what she would do if they called for for proof? I guess I don't really have to worry about that since I'm also approved through Wells.

Anyway, we submitted the offer with no contingencies and 3 other people put offers in too. I know my buyer put in an offer but do not know who the other 2 people are? Anyway, my realtor has a new "trick" (at least it's new to us). Instead of putting in a number for a counter we are putting in, "Buyer willing to exceed any other counter offer by $1,000 not to exceed $151,000". Pretty cool, huh? She saw it on HGTV and called her legal hotline to see if it was truly acceptable. Sure is. The attorney knew exactly what she was talking about. We'll find out next week who won!

Still have not heard from the realtor on the property we put a best and final price on. It must be so low they will not even bother to counter?

We got another counter but we're still pretty far apart, about $20k. I'm waiting for them to drop their price dramatically. It's a nice house, I want it! : )

Just picked up my prize last night! Boy, is this gym nice! I'm really excited and am planning on training for a sprint triathlon. It's a goal. I like goals.

1 comment:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen, that's a good idea! I'll have to keep that tip in mind when making offers on hot properties.

Love the idea of training for an event. Sheesh...if I could just pull of a 5K walking and jogging I'll be really proud of myself ;-)