Monday, January 12, 2009

Condo buyers, Radio contests, Chicago, etc...

Let's see, where to start?! This past Friday was interesting... no, no offers accepted but another set of condos went on the market. Of course I submitted an offer right away but it seems WF wants a pre-approval letter w/ offer. This is not good. For some reason big banks do not want to pre-approve someone with a high DTI and a husband with poor credit. Hmmm, I wonder why? So over the weekend I was racking my brain on how to get past this problem. This morning I called my gal at the local bank to see if she had any "pointers" on how to get me approved. With the numbers she has she said there shouldn't be a reason they wouldn't approve me but she didn't know Wells guidelines. Then she thought out loud, "can you submit a cash offer?". I told her I could but they needed proof of funds, we already tried submitting w/o pof. She went on to tell me the gal on the commercial side of things may be able to set up a line of credit in order to submit a cash offer. Would that be wonderful?!?! Sooo much easier! I don't know if it can be done but I'm waiting for the day we can use a line of credit! When I hung up I called the gal on the commercial side but got her VM. Crap. She still hasn't called me back. In the meantime I called Wells to attempt to get pre-approved but had to leave him a msg too.

Why am I trying so hard to get these condos? For 2 reasons. First, the buyer who bought my other two sets of condos wants to buy the whole complex. I'm not sure what they plan on doing with them and I don't care. Second, this same buyer is ALSO putting an offer in on these condos. YES, he actually did his homework and found out who had the listing prior to it going on the mls. I'm quite impressed b/c I couldn't even find that information and I tried (not very hard but I did look into it). Apparently he has been calling this realtor for days, several times a day, trying to get into the property. He has annoyed the realtor which may or may not work in my favor? This is also why it would be great to have a cash offer b/c I could submit my offer with no contingencies. Niiice.

Now, before all this hoopla with the condos I won a radio contest! Ha, ha. I've been calling all week to win it and I DID! I rarely call in on these contests b/c I don't win anything but really wanted this. The prize was a 6 month membership to a local gym with 1 month w/ a personal trainer. I soooo need this, it is one of my personal goals. After having 3 kids I'm a little "soft". So you may see some blogging on working out/eating habits to keep myself accountable - Just ignore... ha, ha.

Again, no other offers accepted but did get a best and final. No response. Another bank faxed over a rejection saying they wouldn't even counter my low offer : ) I thought that was very nice of them - ha, ha.

This weekend I'm off to Chicago again but this time will be different. I'm meeting my girlfriends from college. No husbands or kids, just drinks and laughs and some "me time" (another one of my personal goals).

Okay, off to lunch. Hope everyone has a good week!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

That's awesome about the contest- congrats!

I never win anything. :(

Eileen-WI said...

I'm so excited. I used to work out a lot, pre-kids, and have since gotten out of the routine. It sucks having to get back into it but this is a GREAT push.

I never win anything either. Well, I won a beach towel once! ha, ha.