Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1st contract of '09!

So we won the counter offer for the 3rd set of condos! That little trick of upping the highest offer by $1k worked. We got the contract for $147,100 and I was willing to go up to $151k - nice. The buyer that bought the first 2 sets of condos (well, the 2nd is closing next Friday) already asked my realtor if we won the bid and my selling price. I will most likely sell at the same price, even though I paid more, and ask them to pay closing costs. AND, I will ask they close the same day as me assuming of course they actually give me an offer! We'll find out next week. I don't offer any of my properties until I have the signed contract back from the bank.

Last night I went to look at the 4th set of condos that went on the market yesterday. There is already a submitted offer so we're expecting another counter. We will be pulling out the counter offer trick again so hopefully that will be my 2nd contract in '09. You know it's funny. If my buyers didn't tell my realtor they would buy all the condos from me I don't think I would be putting in these offers. They probably would have won the contract(s).

The HUD property we were supposed to close on Monday is being postponed. SHIT!!!!!!! This is a first for me. I have always closed on time so I guess I shouldn't complain too much but I have a few people that want to go through the property. Now I have to put them off AGAIN! Urghhh. And, HUD will not give my realtor a new closing date. In fact, my mortgage gal didn't even know it was postponed until I told her. What a bunch of idiots. It has something to do with not getting the water bill or something? They only had 45 DAYS to get the paperwork together. Apparently they are too busy?!

Gotta run....

1 comment:

Steph said...

Congrats on the first deal of '09!

If you keep up the pace, you will definitely be able to pull off 1/month..