Sunday, October 5, 2008

We went to look at 3 houses last week. Two were the HUD homes and the other was a bank REO that wanted a 'best and final'. All 3 properties were actually pretty nice and I would love to get all 3, if possible. However, right now the HUD homes are still too high, they will not come down any more at this time. I have to wait until they are reduced again. If they are still available I will submit another offer. The 3rd we're still waiting on a response but I don't think they are accepting.

In the meantime, I have been submitting more offers. Oh yeah, I'm going to my first auction on the 16th. There is a property we looked at a couple of weeks ago but the bank decided to list it with an auction house. The first auction resulted in no sale and this will be the 2nd auction. My dad is going with me and I told him I can only go up to $50k. We'll see what happens...

My realtor told me that on 2 offers I submitted the listing agent was trying to "push through" the sale. Apparently they thought the offers were fair but the hard headed banks were not willing to listen. They'll just wait long enough for my offer to go even further down so they can make less money. Whatever... they're stupidity is my reward.

Otherwise, nothing else yet. I've met my goal of 4 properties this year but I told myself I would like to get 2 more done. I'm workin' on it...

No comments: