Saturday, October 18, 2008

I put in 4 more offers this week. The property I talked about in the last post was reduced $20k to $54.9k. I guess the bank took to heart what we said about structural issues. So we resubmitted an offer of $35k. We'll see what they say. They came down $20k when it was sitting at $74k so maybe they'll do that again?! ha, ha.

There are a bunch of condos in foreclosure that the bank is giving away 2 for 1 according to my realtor. Each is assessed at $173k and they are selling both for $159k. They are 4 years old and need ZERO work on the inside. The only thing needed on the outside is landscaping and some driveway work. Seems too good to be true but we submitted an offer of $135k for both units. We'll see what happens. If we get them my realtor wants to start them out at $109k for each unit. The cheapest condo in this area is currently $174k so the price is right! There are 2 more ready for sale but I do not want to take too much on right now. IF I get these and IF they sell like my realtor thinks I will bid on the other ones.

I put an offer on a HUD property in IL that is in my old condo subdivision. It is a sought after complex so we'll see.

We are tentatively scheduled to close on my prehab next week. My buyers are going through the government rural program and they are waiting for funding (the rural program). Who funds them? The government... crap. They SAY they are getting the money for sure it is just a matter of time. Who knows though with everything going on today. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: