Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to work...

Yesterday was my first day back to work. It was okay. Actually it's more relaxing here than at home with the 3 little ones- ha, ha. I'm just lucky that it has been pretty slow, I haven't been running my ass off. A good way to get back in to the swing of things!

Okay, our closing went smoothly this past Friday. No hiccups, yeah! We're going to clear about $11k. We've had the property since May so it certainly was no slam dunk but I'm out of it and can move on.

We had our offer on the 2 condos accepted. In ends up they accepted $134k for both units ($67k/condo for us slow at math). My realtor wanted to initially market them for $109k but my thought was $99k (I like to always be under $100k). The cheapest condo in the whole county is $99.9k and the cheapest one in this town is $174k. However, there are 2 more units up for grabs and if I take less on these 2 I can submit offers on the other 2. Sooo, I'm thinking of starting them at $89k?! I would probably clear about $10k/condo. But if I wanted to hold on to them a little longer I may clear $15k/condo. I don't know, I'll see what she says.

Anyhoo, as I've said before, this will be my first condo flip so I hope I'm not getting into anything horrendous. It's all about buying them right and I think these are a phenomenal deal (4 years old with zero work?).

I called the local bank I used before and she said the same thing, "just send me over a signed contract and we'll get things moving. We already have everything on file". Again, how cool is that? I haven't asked her how many I can do at one time? I'll have to find that out b/c I'm still eyeing that HUD property that needs to be reduced one more time before I can buy.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: