Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nothing coming my way

Okay every one of my offers was either rejected or countered for a whopping $3k - $5k discount. Well, with the exception of one HUD property. I thought they would discount at a 60% NET of asking price but they countered at 70% NET asking price. We're going to look at the house tomorrow but I think that is still too high for me. That sucks b/c I've been watching this property for a looooong time and it will probably sell to an o/o. This is in a neighborhood that sells but my price would not have a big enough discount even for an o/o. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what the property is really like?

I just feel like things have stalled. I know something will come up eventually but I want something now, of course!

Enough of the venting...

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hi Eileen,

I am experiencing the same thing. I have a ton of offers out there, and they are either getting rejected, or countered a few grand below list.

It will turn around, though.

Just keep making offers..

Steph

Eileen-WI said...

Steph,

It is just so frustrating. BUT, I keep making offers and will continue to do so. I don't think I will ever stop doing this even if it is always part-time!

I hope things turn around for you too - SOON!

Eileen