Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Closing

We are set to close this Friday at 10am for the Jefferson Street house. Rural development was given the money so everything should be ready to go. I never think it's a "done deal" until the deal is actually done! ha, ha. But, this is a good sign!

The offer for $35k was rejected so we submitted a $40k offer as best and final. Still haven't heard back but while waiting I have been rethinking this purchase. We'll see what they say and then decide.

We got a counter on the condos but not close enough to accept. The listing agent told my agent if we came up a little the bank would probably take close to $140k. I love these kind of listing agents. Just tell me where I need to come in. If it works for me we have a deal, if not no deal. Ya know?! So we countered back yesterday and still haven't heard.

I submitted 2 other offers. One the listing agent called my mortgage guy asking for an updated pre-approval. Isn't that weird? Wouldn't he normally go through my agent for an updated letter? No biggie, my mortgage guy sent it to him but I thought it a bit weird. Whatever...

I think that's it for now. I go back to work Monday... can you believe this?! I have mentally prepared myself though so I'm not dreading it AS MUCH. I'm meeting friends from work Friday for a few cocktails and am a little nervous : ) I haven't been out in a loooong time BUT I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: