Friday, September 26, 2008

Life and more offers

I'm looking out the window today with a beautiful sleeping baby in my arms thinking, "this is the life". I looked around and have a completely messy house (the 2 and 3 year olds are not happy unless there is crap thrown around everywhere), the kids were feeding the dog their lunches and I have a mound of laundry. BUT, I still thought I would love to have the option of staying home. I know I sound like a broken record but this is WHY I continue with REI. My main focus is my family. Without them I don't know if I would have been successful, not that I am all that successful now but I'm doing it! Don't get me wrong, some days I wonder how I will make it through the day without killing someone but I STILL do not want to go back to work. I guess I should be lucky that I have a job to go back to with everything that is going on with the economy. I will try not to complain too much, some people have nothing.

On to the offers - I made 7 offers this week. The 2 HUD properties I've been watching FINALLY went down in price. One was a 1st "Significant Price Reduction" and the other was a 2nd "Significant price reduction". So I offered accordingly. I'll find out next week if they were accepted or rejected. Another property I put an offer on went to auction yesterday. I haven't heard whether it was bought at auction or if they will counter my offer. I imagine I'll hear some stuff Monday. I hope something pops soon because we're broke again. With all the work we've been doing on the house and having to get the mini-van, all our reserves are gone... again. This sucks! I can't wait to be somewhat in the clear of debt. It is a terrible thing!!

Gonna go give the kiddies a snack.

No comments: