Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Almost........

So a property came on the market in a good town for $59k, I put in an offer of $55k right away (sight unseen) to get something going. They accepted the offer but I had to go see it and I had an inspection contingency in my offer. Well, the property was WAAY worse than it appeared in pictures so I lowered my offer to $20k (I know, you can all laugh). They came back with an offer of $50k. I told my realtor the highest I would go is $25k, cash. I wasn't crazy about the property and truly didn't want it but lo and behold they accepted my offer of $25k. Woo hoo! This was Friday.... Monday morning rolls around and I get a call from my realtor saying someone else put a higher offer on the property over the weekend so they're taking that one. CRAP! The acceptance was verbal and only I had signed the counter offer of $25k as of Friday.

This would have been a great deal! Urrgh. I am looking to put 2 more under contract before the year is out. I'm submitting 4 more offers this week, maybe 6 we'll see.

I only have 4.5 more weeks at home and then have to go back to work. I'm going to go cry now... Oh yeah, I actually did 2 chapters in my real estate course today. I only have 2 left. Now I have to sign up for the test. Not sure I'll pass but I can take it again - ha, ha!

No comments: