Monday, June 23, 2008

Today's Closing

We closed on the HUD property today. It seems like forever since we put the offer in but it's now officially ours for good or bad?! Of the 3 people that looked at it tonight only 1 was mildly interested... not good. His estimate was already at $20k and he was still counting. My contractor and myself were thinking in the neighborhood of $15k - $20k, depending on what you wanted to do. They may be bringing their contractor through this week but we'll see? Soooooo, I guess I'm going to be setting up carpet/painters for the next week and get estimates. I need this one OFF the books before August. I'm sure I'll get an ulcer if we still have it and I'm delivering the baby!!!

I put in my best and final offer on the Whitewater house for $55k and $3k EMD. I should find out tomorrow if it was accepted. The house was on a HUGE lot and it looked okay on the inside. There was some water damage/mold in the laundry room but didn't seem too bad. If they accept I'll have my contractor go take a look as the front room sloped. If I get this one I really need to simo close it b/c, as I said before, getting 2 loans probably is not in the cards for me. AND, I still have that other HUD home under contract. I may need to back out of that one, we'll see? IF I were able to show before closing it wouldn't be too bad but since I have to wait for closing it gets too hard. Of course, I'm starting to get nervous that no one will want the property.

Here we go again, cross those fingers for me!!

No comments: