Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No buyer

So, the person I really thought would buy the HUD property wasn't interested. His reasoning? He didn't like the basement and there was a boiler, i.e. no duct work to put in central air. BTW, I told him it was a boiler about 3 weeks ago?! Whatever. The people never called to have their contractor go through either. Whatta ya gonna do? So, we have someone coming to paint in a week and we're hoping it will take a week to paint. He is also going to rip up the carpet, bleach the floors and power wash the siding. After the painting is all done we're going to have the carpet guys out. I'm hoping to have it on the market in 3 weeks. Has anyone ever put a home on the market before it was complete?! Probably. So, once the carpet is out and the floors are bleached (smell is gone), maybe we'll list. We're going to list it at $89k, I think. It has an ARV of $125k so someone is still getting a good deal!

Our offer was declined for the Whitewater property. I'm actually kind of relieved! I was stressing a little about having too many properties under contract. I KNOW it's a good thing but if I have to close on them myself, it would be too hard. I don't have enough buyers to push my properties.

I do, however, have an interested party on the 2nd HUD property that I have under contract. We're going to show him before we close which is a big NO NO for HUD but we're going to try and keep it on the down low. My starting price with him was for $74k and I just lowered it today to $69k. We have it under contract for $62.7k. I won't be making a killing but I really just want this one gone. If I wasn't sitting on the 1st HUD property I wouldn't be as stressed but, hey, if I can make $5k I'll be content!

Off to put the kiddies to bed!

No comments: