Friday, June 20, 2008

Closing and counter

I emailed my mortgage guy last night to find out where the prelim. HUD was so I could get my downpayment in a certified check over the weekend. He calls me today at work saying I need to get to my bank asap b/c HUD is requiring I wire the funds by 12 noon. Well, I work an hour from my bank and couldn't leave even if I wanted to. So of course, rush, rush, rush and got the funds wired in time. I'm not sure if it's just me but it always seems so feast or famine. When we get close to closings it seems like I work off adreneline. There is SO much going on. This one isn't too bad but the last one where I did the simo close was crazy!! It's all good as long as I keep the deals going, pay off my debt and work to become full time - my ultimate goal!!! Each deal gets me one step closer!

We got a counter offer on the property that I offered $47k for and it's listed at $59k - the Whitewater house. They came back at $56k and a $2k EMD. Update: My realtor just received a multiple counter offer and we need best and final by Monday at 9am. I am going to look at the property tomorrow. I know I should remove all contingencies and up my EMD to $3k or something but I am so uncomfortable not having something to fall back on. As I've stated before, my biggest fear is foundation issues. I don't think I'll be able to get anyone out there to look over the weekend - maybe? Here is the picture of the house. I'm assuming someone was rehabbing it b/c it was built in 1885 but looks like new construction from the outside. I'm so curious to see the inside! Maybe during the rehab they F'kd some things up? I guess I'll find out tomorrow!



No comments: