Friday, March 12, 2010

Offer/FHA Appraisal/Private Money

I guess my week isn't as bad as I made out in my last post (but I did get stuck in the mud that night at work and had to be pulled out by a tow truck - $79 - nice!). Yesterday I received this email:

"Hi, My name is Jeff I looked at this House on Tuesday March 9. My brother Jim and Phil were present.
We would like to make an offer on this house. Were do we go from here? Feel free to cam Phil at 262-xxx-xxxx or email me back."


You know I woke up yesterday morning forcing the negatives out of my mind and saying positive thoughts. I didn't want to wait until next week for things to get better. I figured I was kind of bringing on the negative myself. Soooo, yesterday was definately a better day and I should be getting an offer from these guys by the weekend. They are starting the offer low but I'm hoping to get them up about $4k. Even if they didn't budge on price, which I think they will, it's still an OK payday for holding the property for less than a month.

The FHA appraisal was started 2 days ago on the property we should be closing by month end. There is chipping paint on the soffit and trim of the garage that needs to be fixed. This should be done this weekend. I also did not have the water on so that is getting turned on today and the plumber is going to de-winterize the place. Hopefully he is going to tell me there are no major problems. Actually they should both be there in 10 minutes : ) It sounds like everything else was OK with the appraisal. Once the water is on and the painting is done the appraiser will go back out and check to be sure everything is good.

I received my Private Money Blueprint program a couple weeks ago and have been diligently going through the manual and modules. I'm currently waiting to set up my 30 minute 1 on 1 phone call to ask some more specific questions. My husband mentioned to his friend that we are starting to look at finding private investors and he said he might be interested. He said we should have dinner and discuss. I'm trying to get through enough of the manual and talk to Trevor or Patrick prior to the dinner. Hoping to have that set up in the next couple of weeks!

Looking at a bunch of properties this weekend. They are in a higher price range, less repairs, have been listed for 200+ days and are short sales. We'll see how it all pans out.

Everyone have a good weekend and happy house hunting!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Eileen! I've learned (and am still putting into practice) that when you share what you're doing, the right people eventually come. That's how we managed to do several presentations with possible lenders, but now we just have to step up those efforts to "share" again :-)

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Shae! Yeah, when Dave's friend asked how things were going he said good but we were now on the lookout for private money. Right away he was interested and wanted to talk it over with his significant other. When they saw each other again he said he wanted to sit down with us. We'll see how it goes and I will be "sharing" with everyone I come in contact with from now on.