Monday, November 30, 2009

The universe WAS listening!!


Yep, we have an accepted offer on the HUD house so, apparently, the universe was listening. Or was it my positive thinking : ) At any rate, the offer was accepted on Friday. We were not sure about his credit but I just found out his score is a 770 (WOW!) and he is going through a local credit union so seasoning should not be an issue! Our closing date is scheduled for Jan. 4th but the guy would like to close before Christmas. I guess we'll have to see how fast his bank moves. They already have the appriasal set up for this week or next so00... maybe?? If all goes well and we close successfully this will be the biggest payoff for us to date. I am not going to post any numbers until we close.

My husband checked the oil tank and it (drum roll please!) was full of oil. Dumb HVAC company. When I called the co. and told them it had oil the guy said, "oh, maybe there is a plugged line?". Hmmm, did you think of checking that a week ago?!?!?

Two HUD properties went down in price but are currently listed for o/o's. We cannot bid on them until next week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no one snatches them up. However, I'm bracing myself for the letdown since it's happening quite a bit lately! I'm pretty confident I can get the 1 at the price I need and the other is a condo in an area of high priced condos. So, we'll see.

Still didn't hear back on the other REO's. Yeah, I guess they rejected. I'll keep an eye out. Also watching other properties and going to submit on a few short sales.

I think I'm going to Steve's event in the WI Dells on the 10th. I haven't signed up yet but already took the day off work. It's a little over an hour from my house so it will be a 1 day deal for me.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Yaaaaay!

Way to go, Eileen- what an awesome way to end the year!

Can't wait to hear the numbers...

Shae said...

Nice, Eileen! Congrats my friend!

Eileen-WI said...

Thank you ladies! Hopefully this will be successful. I have a good feeling about this buyer and my realtor just told me he is waiving the inspection. He "just wants to close". Yeah!

Jodi Quinn said...

Awesome Eileen! Glad it's working out.

You definitely should go to the networking day thing. I'll be there! I'd love to meet you in person finally!