Monday, October 26, 2009

Inspections/Appraisals

The inspection and appraisal are being done tomorrow on the Comeback house. It's GO TIME! This is when we will know for sure whether closing will take place. As of today, closing is still set for next Tuesday. I have no idea whether that will happen or not but I think I'll have a better idea first thing Wednesday.

I took my husband out to see the $43k property and he thought it was a complete gut job. I think he's nuts! For sure it needs work but a gut job?! Urrgh... not sure what to do. I mean it definately needs work. Let's see it needs windows, garage roof replaced, new bath, kitchen counters/sink, paint, carpet, appliances and a bit of landscaping. He said he thought $30k for repairs but I think that's a bit high. However, I've been wrong before (see comeback house : ) ) I'm thinking of sending it out to my buyers list, put an ad in the paper and see what kind of activity I get. I also might get a cleaner in there prior to showing (prior to closing too... sssshhhhh). There are cobwebs with an inch of dust on them in some rooms. Nice!

There is another property I submitted an offer on a while back at $60k, they countered at $72k (original list price $74.5k), I countered at $62k best and final. They passed. The house is now listed at $64k and I resubmitted at $50k with basement mold inspection. Hmmm, we'll see what they say.

Condos are still on schedule to close this Thursday. Hope all goes well!

I think that's it for now.

5 comments:

Stephani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Eileen...

Steph

P.S.
Thanks for the vote. :)

Unknown said...

would like to know how to get updates from your blog do you have feed burn,or newsletter etc
Thomas

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Steph! Condos closed and Comeback house is Monday (God willing).

Thomas... hmmmm... not sure how to do that?! I do not have a newsletter and will look into sending emails when it's updated. It will give me something constructive to do!! heehee. Do you have a blog?

Steph said...

Awesome- congrats, Eileen!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Monday. :)

Have a great weekend!