Thursday, October 22, 2009

Has the Comeback house... Come back?!?!


That remains to be seen. We DO have an offer on the table that we have been countering since the end of last week but nothing signed yet. Of course, once signed we need to get through the inspection/financing contingencies! This will be an FHA loan also so that can throw a wrench into closing. I have a good feeling about it whether that be "wishful thinking" or "third time is a charm" syndrome but I'm still keeping good/positive thoughts. She had closing as Nov. 3rd on her original offer so we would close mid-November which makes me happy too. Please keep you fingers crossed to get this one off our books!


We are set to close on our condos next Friday. Looking forward to getting rid of those!


We are also set to close on our next HUD property Nov. 16th. Still not sure whether we will put a little work in to the house (carpet/paint/refrigerator) and sell at $89k or just sell as is for $59k (our PP is $43k)? Here are a couple pictures...








Let's see, what else? My realtor moved agencies and she is even busier now than before. There were 3 properties I wanted to put offers on but never got the written offers from her. Well they all sold. Urgh. There is another property I've been trying to get a written offer on since 10/1 and she STILL has not written it up and faxed it to me! This is even AFTER I've told her about those other 3 properties selling. I know, I know, it's my fault. I was going to talk to her about me getting licensed last weekend when I met her but my husband threw a fit and told me to wait until after the condos closed (he wants them gone as badly as I do). I know she wouldn't cause problems b/c I DO still want to work with her but I guess you just never know? At any rate, the new brokerage is investor friendly and the owner also does rehabs which is good for me. After we sell the condos I'm going to talk to her about becoming her "assistant" so I can submit offers/access mls/etc when she is too busy. I'm also going to ask if I can talk to her new broker about it. As you can see, I'm trying to avoid getting licensed at all costs but counting on just my realtor to get things done is not working in my favor. Okay, enough about that.


Finally an REO came on the market last weekend for $43k. It is in a desirable area, near town, lakes, restaurants, large lot, etc but it was only a 2/1. I have a bad taste in my mouth for 2/1's but b/c of the price I asked to go take a look. Well, this is the first time I've gone into a property where the listing description was WRONG. I know Steph has talked about this but I've never seen it. This listing agent (who is a total B~ BTW) must have never gone in the house. Don't get me wrong, it's not huge by any means BUT it does have 3 BR's, a LR, Family room, porch and kitchen. You can tell it had an addition put on but must not have been re-assessed/updated in system. The garage is marked as a 1 car garage but it also has a HUGE work area so it could easily be made in to a 2 car garage OR you could store a boat or something in there. Anyhoo, I came in at $38k and still haven't heard anything. It doesn't sound like there are other offers out there so not sure why the bank hasn't countered yet? We're only $5k away on price. Hopefully this one will pan out.

Okay, gotta run.

2 comments:

Shae said...

Great to hear from you Eileen! I always eager await your updates :-) Sounds like the Comeback House is indeed making a comeback!

And you're rockin' and rollin' with some new deals.

That whole assistant thing should work out well with you. You've worked with the realtor for quite a while now so she should be more than happy to work with you, particularly if you're going to write up some of your own offers!

Eileen-WI said...

Hey Shae,

We signed the offer for the Comeback house. We are losing even MORE than the other offers but... live and learn, right?

You would think the whole assistant thing would work out well with her. However, she hasn't seem too keen on the idea in the past. I'm going to, no, NEED to bring it up again b/c this is INSANE. She still hasn't written up the offer I asked her for from the 1st of Oct! In fact, I spoke to her yesterday on the phone and verbalized it again. Nothin'. This is my business so I have to do what is right for me. I have these guilty feelings b/c I, like you, am fiercly loyal when I find someone I like to work with!